MLB agreed to very strict rules regarding the coronavirus
The COVID-19 pandemic changed the way we live, and it continues to do so. That’s the new reality for all of us. It’s now being reported that the whole MLB agreed to very strict rules regarding the coronavirus. While we give you the news about this, keep sure to check out our free baseball predictions as well.
The new safety protocols regarding the virus were accepted after 13 Cardinals players, and staff members tested positive for the coronavirus. The rules were agreed between the MLB and the MLB players’ association (MLBPA).
Here is how some of them look like:
- The players and the staff members are obligated to wear face coverings that cover all of their nose and mouth. It must happen all of the time at the ballpark, the dugout, and the bullpen.
- The time spent indoors must be limited as much as possible. Because of this, the home teams must provide spaces that do allow social distancing when there is a rain delay.
- When teams are on the road, the traveling parties must be limited to the absolutely essential.
- All of the players, team personnel, and staff members must wear their masks when in the hotel.
- If someone wants to leave the hotel for some reason this someone must inform the team compliance officer.
- All the players and staff members should not go to public and crowded places such as bars, malls, or other locations where you can see gatherings of large groups of people.
It’s being reported that there will be some massive sanctions for everyone who breaks the rules. The biggest one of them is being banned from the remainder of the 2020 season.
These are some of the essential news from MLB at the moment. Stay with us for even more relevant news and our regular free baseball predictions.